9.10.14

Redd Lips


Red lipstick is my definitely my go to at the moment. Whether I'm going out shopping or for dinner, I keep reaching for the same three red lip products...

MAC lipstick - Russian Red - 15.50


I recently bought Russian Red from MAC after borrowing it from a friend and I am absolutely addicted.
It's quite a dark red, different to my usual orangey reds, but it's beautiful and it's so perfect for making a winter outfit a bit more colourful. If you're looking for a new red lipstick, I definitely recommend this one especially as it'll suit any skin tone.

MAC Redd Lip pencil - 12.50
This is the perfect red lip pencil for any red lipstick whether it's for a light/dark/orangey red, it works for all. I haven't always used lip pencil with my lipsticks but I find when I do it makes the lip stick application easier, it looks neater and it lasts longer. The MAC products are quite pricey so there are cheaper alternatives, I am a huge fan of Rimmel's lipsticks and lip pencils which are more suitable for when you're on a budget and are equally as good. 


Swatches left to right: MAC Russian Red, Tanya Burr Vampire Kiss, MAC Redd lip pencil.

Tanya Burr - Vampire Kiss Lipgloss - 6.99



To make the lip look more suitable for the evening I've been wearing the Tanya Burr Vampire Kiss lip-gloss on top of the MAC Russian Red. I love the matte look for the day but adding the lip-gloss on top of Russian Red makes it just a bit more special for the night time! I love this lip-gloss for it's colour (and taste I won't lie) but it can get a bit sticky which is difficult when you have long hair and it's windy, but that's expected with any lipgloss!


Above (left) is a picture of me wearing all three lip products when I went to see the 1975 last week. 


Above (middle) is another picture of me with just the lipstick on (the night I didn't wear liner.. oops!)


What lip products are you loving at the moment? Let me know!